Suggestions from the Global Ambassadors
Glad they brought...
Wish they brought...
Wish they left home...
- Bring a portable charger
- Research the season and the weather of your study abroad location and places you plan to visit
- Decide if you want to bring rain boots
- Determine how much summer clothing to bring. Many Global Ambassadors brought too much.
- Check airline limitations on luggage quantity, weight and dimensions (especially for weekend trips)
- Check with your study abroad program if bedding is provided
- Consider bringing a towel so you can shower when you arrive
- Bring extra medications and contact lenses
- Consider purchasing your hair straightener, curling iron, hairdryer when abroad. International outlets are often not compatible with US voltage.
- Don't over pack!
- Be mindful of how many pieces of luggage you’re bringing and what the costs are
- Don’t fill your suitcases to the brim. You’ll want space for souvenirs on your return home!